You can use notepad to learn HTML and you can create a webpage and run that on the browser.
To open the notepad, follow the below steps:
- Click on window icon called Start button of your PC, located at the bottom-left side. Wrapped in red border.
- Now type Notepad, you will see the Notepad in the menu.
- To open the Notepad, click on it as you can see in the menu.
- When you click, a blank Notepad will be open as below image.
- Copy the below HTML code and paste it on your editor.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1> First Example. </h1> <p> It's my First Example </p> </body> </html>
- When code have pasted, your Notepad will look like this.
- After pasting the code, save the file.
- To save the file, click File tab, top-left corner of your Notepad.
- After clicking, a list would be open. You need to select Save as in that list.
- After clicking Save As in the list, a new window would be open. Type the name for your first html file with the html extension as you are watching in the below screenshot.
File name: my-first-file.html
- Click Save button.
- Now, go to your saved file that will look like this.
- Double click on this and it will be open on the browser and you will see the title and paragraph not the HTML tags <h1> and <p>.
For the Mac OS
Use text Plain Text.
- Open Finder > Applications > TextEdit.
- Copy the HTML code provided above.
- Paste it at you text editor.
- Save file and open.