HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. People use this language to develop a website and web-applications. HTML contains many different elements to make a clean structure if you write a title then heading tag <h1> will be used, if you write a paragraph then paragraph tag <p> will be used, if you write clickable text which is redirected to another webpage of that website then an anchor tag <a> will be used, etc.
HTML elements start with open tag and end with close tag.
<h1> Open tag Some text here... </h1> Close tag
HTML elements allow the browser to show the page in a manner means if you write a title with the heading ( <h1> ) tag then browser will shown it in a big size, if you write a paragraph with the paragraph (<p> ) tag then it will automatically shown in small size/readable size.
Let’s have a look about the browser.
The browsers are a software and you can interact with the webpages over the browser with the internet connectivity as you are reading this HTML Introduction on a webpage and this webpage is displaying on the browser with internet connectivity. Popular browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Safari (Only For Mac OS), Internet Explorer, Edge.
Get back to the HTML.
Note: HTML is not case sensitive means if you write any tag name in capital letter or small letter, it will give the same result.
<H1> Some text here… </H1> Capital letter
<h1> Some text here… </h1> Small letter
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1> First Example. </h1> <p> It's my First Example </p> </body> </html>
Detail of tags which have used in above example
- The <!DOCTYPE html> also known as Document Type, this line tells about HTML version to the browser.
- The <html> tag is the root of HTML document. This is a first tag of HTML which you use at starting.
- The <title> element specifies a title of HTML page and it shows in the browser’s title bar.
- The <body> element shows on the browser and all the elements will be written in the body tag. It’s the main tag of HTML document.
- The <h1> tag is for large title.
- The <p> tag is for paragraph.
Tip: A screen reader is a software program that reads the HTML code and allows to person to “listen” the content. Screen readers are useful for people who are visually impaired and reading disabled.
Screen reader read every element of HTML, when person listen this he can understand heading, paragraph link to click, etc.